Regional Campus President at Tulsa Welding School
Website Address: www.tws.edu
On “Ignite Success,” Sherrie Clark welcomes outstanding leaders to this uplifting and interesting show, filled with practical advice and tips for business professionals. This week, Sherrie sits down with Micheal Cole from Tulsa Welding School.
To learn more, check out https://www.tws.edu.
Short company description:
• Since 1949, Tulsa Welding School has been preparing students to enter the skilled trades industry with knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary for success
• At Tulsa Welding School, we provide the opportunity to gain specialized training in the technical trades, offering programs in welding, pipefitting, HVAC, electrical and more.
• Our welding, HVAC and electrical programs can be completed in as little as 7 months, equipping students with the necessary skills and qualifications to enter the workforce with confidence.
• Our schools train students in skills they can apply to lifetime careers and help employers in growing industries find qualified tradespeople.
• We provide comprehensive training, combining classroom learning, practical lab experiences, and virtual instruction in welding, HVAC, and electrical through OcuWeld and Interplay Learning, equipping students with the skills and knowledge to succeed in the field.
How do you define success?
Happiness. I think in order to achieve any level of success, you have to enjoy what you do. When you enjoy what you do, you work harder at it, when you work harder at it, you get better at it – you attempt to master it.
If you could be remembered for one thing, what would it be?
How has your business changed in the past 12 months?
We have incorporated hybrid learning and VR components to our current curriculum. We are looking to expand our footprint through new programs and campuses. We are preparing to open our newest campus in Dallas, TX.
What are your biggest goals in the next 12 Months for your business?
Open our Dallas Campus and work toward our stated goal of 100,000 employed graduates in 25,000 different organizations by the end of 2032. We would also like to continue to leverage our VR technology.